Medical Practice Management Podcast and Blog Site SoundPractice.net Huge Success Facilitates New Design
"Visitors using major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN will find that SoundPractice virtually 'owns' the term and category 'medical practice podcast' when considering references to The Journal of Medical Practice Management in podcast and blog directories such as iTunes, ODEO, Technorati, Bloglines and MedReader," Greenbranch Publishing President Nancy Collins said.
As a result, SoundPractice has had a facelift. "We redesigned the site in a few significant ways to make it easier and more meaningful for our visitors to use. We put all RSS feeds on the home page for easy copying/pasting and in anticipation of greater search engine interest. We’ve included a new streaming player to hear our podcasts without using podcast software. We added a section for Kent Bottles, our Editor-in-Chief, to add daily community interest news items. Finally, we’ve been very aggressive in adding interesting and timely content to this site.
"The Journal of Medical Practice Management has a 20-year track record of providing the information that physician and administrators need to help their practices thrive. With the addition of www.soundpractice.net we are pleased to provide practice management content as podcasts and RSS feeds. Greenbranch Publishing has the opportunity to lead the change of how the medical practice management community gets their information, and we feel very strongly that we have an obligation to educate our community about these technologies," Collins added.
When asked about SoundPractice from his role as interviewer and as a physician, Kent Bottles replied "The daily act of blogging and interviewing thought leaders for podcasts has really transformed the way I try to keep up to date with subjects and ideas we all need to better manage our practices and care for our patients. I was pleasantly surprised when a blog about physician salaries attracted eight comments from readers, including one from Uwe Reinhardt, the Princeton economist."
"I am really excited about being able to interview content experts for podcasts that make www.soundpractice.net a one stop shop for cutting edge content for busy physicians and adminstrators," he added.
Here is a current listing of Podcasts that can be found at www.soundpractice.net, free of charge:
* Time-of-Service Payment: Customer Service and Cash Management, Tom Hajny
* The Business Case for Complementary Medicine Services with John Ritch, Exec. Dir. of The Wege Institute
* Perspective from Both Sides: Provider and Payer - Shaun Soller, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan
* Levels of Care Discussion with Kent Bottles and Lori Portfleet
* Bonus and Profit Sharing in The Medical Practice, Interview with Bernd Kutzscher, MD
* Medical Blogs: An Interview with Kevin Pho of KevinMD
* Physician Workforce Issues: Interview with Atul Grover, M.D., of The Lewin Group
* The Importance of Private Practitioners in the Education of the Next Generation of Physicians, Interview with David Leach, MD, Ex. Dir ACGME
* Recognizing and Dealing With Impaired Clinicians Part 2 - Treatment Options, William Reid, MD
* Recognizing and Dealing With Impaired Clinicians Part 1 Recognition and Reporting, William Reid, MD
* Setting Trouble-Free Policies for Parental and Sick Leave, Laura Sachs Hills
* Guidelines for Corporate Covenants and Physician Employment Agreements, Steven Peltz
* Preliminary Screening of Job Applicants in 5 Steps, Laura Sachs Hills
* Avoiding Leasing Pitfalls, Karen Zupko and Melissa Lupella
* The Physician as Witness, Daniel Small
* An Editorial on Healthcare by Marcel Frenkel, MD, Founder, The Journal of Medical Practice Management
* Governmental Focus on Fraud and Abuse with Rob Falk, JD
* Developing Personnel Policies to Keep You Out of the Courtroom: The Role of the Office Policy Manual, Joan Roediger
* Ten Things to Do When Investigated By Regulatory or Government Agencies, Glen Crick
* A Patient, an Internet Article and Thou, Rob Falk
* EMR Pitfalls: Avoiding Costly Purchasing Mistakes by Jeffery Daigrepont, The Coker Group
* The Electronic Health Record: Is Now the Time For Your Practice to Invest in Its Future? Interview with Dr. Peter Basch
* Strategies for Computerizing Your Medical Office Interview with Robert C. Tennant
* Financial Advice on Medical Building Construction
"We designed SoundPractice not only as a podcast site, but as a 'contributor blog' and we are exceptionally fortunate to have assembled a powerful group of contributing experts," Collins concluded.
* Kent Bottles, MD, Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Medical Practice Management
* Judy Capko, President, Capko & Company
* Rob Falk, JD, Powell, Goldstein, LLP
* Tom Hajny, Accelerated Receivables Management
* Betsy Nicoletti, President, Medical Practice Consulting
* Bryan Bergeron, MD,
* Joel Blau, CFP, and Ronald Paprocki, JD, Mediqus Asset Advisors, Inc.
Soundpractice.net, "Sound Ideas for Your Medical Practice" is unique in its emphasis on combining archived material from The Journal of Medical Practice Management with one-on-one interviews with thought leaders in the medical practice management community conducted by Kent Bottles, MD.
About The Journal of Medical Practice Management:
Published six times a year, the subscription-based The Journal of Medical Practice Management www.mpmnetwork.com focuses on delivering "how-to" advice for increasing medical practices’ profitability. With an emphasis on working smarter and more efficiently, each issue features a host of proven strategies for dealing with fiscal management, marketing, information technology, benefits and compensation, legal and tax issues, office operations, coding, and human resources that practice administrators, practice managers and physicians face on a daily basis.The Journal has become one of the most widely recognized, independent and authoritative voices in the industry.
About Greenbranch Publishing, LLC:
Greenbranch Publishing, LLC, with headquarters in Phoenix, Maryland, is a privately held firm founded in 1998. The company is a leading publisher of medical practice management titles, electronic media and audio conferences for physicians, practice administrators and office practice managers.
More information can be found at www.mpmnetwork.com, www.mpmjournal.com, www.mpmbuyersguide.com, www.soundpractice.net www.greenbranch.com
For More Information, Contact: Nancy Collins
President & Publisher
Greenbranch Publishing, The Journal of Medical Practice Management
PO Box 208
Phoenix, MD 21131