How to Manage Your Relationships with Physicians So You Get What You Want and Need
Speaker: Vicki Rackner, MD, President and Founder, Medical Bridges.
Would you like the inside scoop on how doctors think? Would you like to REALLY understand why doctors do the things they do? Would you like to improve your communication with physicians to better support their clinical efforts and to make your job easier? Join us for 90-minutes on June 13 where Vicki Rackner, MD, President of Medical Bridges, will walk you through a series of techniques you can immediately use to build rapport and influence with the physicians in your medical practice.
There is no doubt that physicians think differently than business people. They are trained differently and they react to situations and process information differently than people who have grown up “in business.” To have a harmonious medical practice, it is important for business people to understand how to communicate effectively with physicians.
- Would you like to be treated as a valued, respected member of the medical team?
- Would you like to get doctors to listen to you?
- Would you like to understand why doctors do the things you find so irritating?
- Would you like to know how to conduct yourself so that you get what you want?
- Would you like to get a “job well-done!” now and then from the doctor?
In this practical session, Dr. Rackner, will pull back the curtain to give you an insider’s view of what makes doctors tick -- and how you can manage your relationships with doctors to get what you want and need. Learn how to graciously ask for what you want. Learn how to speak so doctors listen – we will give you the exact phrases to use. Learn how doctors think and what drives the choices they make. There are landmines with physicians – we’ll teach you how to steer clear…
Are any of these scenarios familiar?
- “My physician doesn’t trust me to make even the smallest decision myself."
- “I have difficulty getting my physicians to complete their paperwork, return phone calls, comply with the rules.”
- “I am a young physician in the practice – how to I make sure I’m a member of the team?”
- “I am assigned a task (like research for the EMR) and then I’m not given the authority to finish the job!"
- “If a new hire is going to report to me, I think I should have the final say on who gets the job…”
- “I have suggestions on how to improve our practice workflow -- how do I make sure I’m heard?"
This program may be the best 90-minutes ever invested for: Practice Managers and Practice Administrators, (to help you to better support you doctors and to make your life easier), Physicians (to understand how to more productively work with your partners and referring physicians) and to Industry Representatives (strategies so you can do more business with physicians)
About our Expert Speaker
Vicki Rackner, MD--Drawing on personal experiences on all sides of health care –as a patient, a physician, a family caregiver, a business owner and an entrepreneur–Dr. Vicki Rackner helps health care professionals thrive. This former surgeon and nationally noted authority in the doctor-patient relationship helps team leaders increase patient compliance, generate more referrals and achieve better medical outcomes.
Dr. Rackner’s regularly quoted in the national media including CNN, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Washington Post, Reader’s Digest, Bottom Line Health, Woman’s Day, Real Simple and many others. She has been interviewed on over 100 radio shows, including NPR, Martha Stewart Living and Health Talk. The most recent book from this Chicken Soup author is Caregiving without Regrets.
Moderator: Nancy Collins, Publisher of The Journal of Medical Practice Management®
Greenbranch Publishing audio conferences and webinars are available at quantity discounts for use in training and education. Unauthorized distribution of the editorial content of Greenbranch Publishing conferences, either live or in recorded format, is expressly prohibited. For more information on sponsorship of conferences, quantity discounts, or to apply to Greenbranch as a reseller, please call (800) 933-3711 or email@example.com.