Medical Practice Management Books, Journals and Articles for Physicians, Practice Administrators and Doctors' Office Managers

Search Store: 
The What,
Why and When of Collecting Patient Balances

The What, Why and When of Collecting Patient Balances


 $24.00
Add to Cart

by Tom Hajny
In our happiest vision, the lifecycle of an account ends happily with full payment by a happy patient to a happy office staff with a benevolent physician smiling down upon the joyous occasion. In most practices, this happy scene occurs 96% to 98% of the time?but what about the other 2% to 4%? These are the accounts that will be classified as bad debt and referred out to a collection agency, with the hope that a more aggressive approach will deliver the dollars owed.